♟ WHAT IS THIS PLACE?
Wherever you were before, you're here now. The hall stretches for yards in either direction, lined with doors on both sides. Some are marked with Xs. What could it be? It won't be long before someone comes along to tell you.
Welcome to the Death Note Dressing Room! This community is dedicated to all of your Death Note roleplaying needs. Any and all Death Note characters are allowed.
This includes: kid versions of characters, old versions of characters, genderbent characters, AU characters, etc.
You don't roleplay anywhere? Not a problem! You don't need to be a part of another game to participate in the fun. Just make a journal for your character and jump in!
The only real rule is "Don't be a jerk." Everything else is a subset of that.
1. Absolutely no drama, please. We're here to have fun! Don't be wanky.
If there is a dispute, please try to settle it yourselves; if you can't, the mods will be happy to try to find a solution that is fair to everyone.
2. There will be multiples. Please do not be upset if you are not the only Mello in town.
3. No metagaming or godmoding.
4. Please remember that halls are neutral territory for characters to pass through and should not be affected by room effects. This allows people who don't want to play a particular effect the chance to avoid it ICly.
5. Please keep sex logs, noncon, links to porn, etc., off the main community; take it to private logs in your character's journals. This community is 14+.
6. Please be sure your character journal can accept LJ messages. It's helpful for OOC contact in general, but it's also how mods will contact you if any problems arise.
(All that said, this is both Death Note and RP -- there's no avoiding mind games, murder, shipping, or melodramatic potato-chip-eating.)
♞ GETTING STARTED
If you're bringing in a new character, an arrival-type intro thread is required. (Characters arrive in a corridor and will be introduced to the setting by the people they meet. This is to ensure that characters have a neutral location in which to encounter each other.) Also consider filling out your character's spot on the master list.
A word about arrival posts: it's helpful to treat each character who your character interacts with as the only one they met when they arrived, at least until you're finished with the thread; otherwise, because multiple threads are developing at the same time, it can get very confusing for everyone. This is only true of intro threads; everything else is much easier.
That's it! We hope you enjoy your trip to the dressing room!
♝ COMMUNITY LINKS
If you're playing here, you might want to check these out.
DNDR OOC Comm
Master List of Characters
Mods' Journal (Also: Mod HMD)
Livejournal Roleplaying FAQ - Standard lingo & etiquette
code geass dressing room
phoenix wright dressing room
kingdom hearts dressing room
devil may cry dressing room
gundam dressing room
sailor moon dressing room
loveless dressing room